Dr. Velyvis specializes in minimally invasive hip and knee surgeries. He has 10 years of experience and world-class training from Harvard, Columbia, and Massachusetts General Hospital. Although his focus is on the major joints, Dr. Velyvis provides trauma coverage in emergency departments and is capable of treating any part of the body.
After earning a degree in biomedical engineering, he decided to enter medicine to treat patients. Orthopedics was a natural fit for its concentration on body mechanics and moving joints. He now works directly with some of the top biomechanical engineering companies to offer his patients cutting-edge technology to improve their lives. As an expert in the innovative field of orthopedic surgical robotics, he began using the Mako Surgical system (MAKOplasty®) in 2008. Currently, he is now a world expert in the second-generation robotic technology—Blue Belt Technologies. The Blue Belt Navio is a surgeon-guided hand-held robotic smart tool that assists the surgeon in perfecting knee resurfacing.
DR. JOHN VELYVIS' WORLD-CLASS services
Dr. Velyvis offers a wide range of orthopedic surgeries—especially those which are hip and knee specific. He also offers his patients the full scope of non-surgical management options for their injuries or arthritis pain in any joint in the body. If you’re looking for something specific that isn’t listed on this page, call our office today to see how Dr. Velyvis can help.
- Total Hip Replacement (for arthritis of the hip joint)
- Revision Total Hip Replacement (for previously failed hip joint surgery)
- Sports injuries and arthritis prevention program
- Arthroscopic management of various knee problems
- Stabilization of the injured knee with ligament reconstruction
- Corrective surgery to control progress of arthritis
- Management of patella (kneecap) problems
- Robotic-Assisted Knee Resurfacing
- Partial, unicondylar knee resurfacing (UKR or PKR)
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- Revision Total Knee Replacement (for previously failed knee replacement)